Working closely with architects on both new campuses and existing campus modernization, Brelje & Race has established a reputation as the top civil design firm for Bay Area school campus work.
School projects are free from local regulatory oversight, but are carefully reviewed at the state level. Engineering must be careful and complete in order to comply with state-imposed school funding regulations. Modernization projects are rife with challenges, such as accommodating Americans with Disabilities (ADA) requirements on older campuses built before regulations were adopted. We work with clients to engineer cost-effective and safe utility, vehicular, and pedestrian facilities.
The complexity of school projects requires a trusted, experienced engineering and design partner. Our extensive experience includes:
- Master Plans
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Documents
- Bid and Construction Administration
- On and Off-Site Improvements
Whether the job is as straightforward as placing a portable classroom on an existing campus or as comprehensive as the construction of a new campus, we thoroughly address the details of each project without losing sight of our clients' larger vision.
- Knowledge of and follow through on agencies having jurisdiction requirements and codes.
- Open communication with the design team and owner from project inception through occupancy.
- Innovative problem solving and design solutions to achieve client goals.