Alliance Redwoods Conference Grounds
Scope of Work
Unreliable wastewater conveyance system required frequent emergency maintenance required redesign. Brelje & Race led the effort from the initial planning stage, design, construction management and operational start-up assistance for the addition of two new quadraplex lift stations as well as the relocation and replacement of the treatment system.
- Existing treatment system located near lodging and camp offices
- Fouled effluent pumps necessitated frequent bypass pumping
- High Quality Stream Adjacent to Site
Solutions and Successes
- Maintained operation of existing system during construction
- Moved treatment components away from camp use areas
- Improved treated effluent quality
- Completed system provides several layers of reliability and redundancy allowing maintenance staff to focus on other tasks at the camp
Other Notes of Interest
Alliance Redwoods hosts the Sonoma Canopy Tours program, high adventure deep in the Redwood forest.