City of Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park, CA
Scope of Work
Design of large diameter water transmission pipeline, two pressure regulating stations, and a metering station with radio telemetry.
- Devise solution to localized low pressures in distribution system.
- Limited accurate record information available for underground utilities.
- Provide maximum flexibility for use of alternative construction methods.
- Two adjacent projects being designed concurrently by others and scheduled for construction immediately following the completion of this project.
Solutions and Successes
- Recommended solutions to low pressure problems using hydraulic model developed by Brelje & Race as part of prior Water System Master Plan work.
- Developed construction documents to allow use of directional boring or open cut methods.
- Set-up procedures for quick re-design of vertical alignments as potholing revealed true location of existing utilities.