City of Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, CA
Scope of Work
Welded steel storage tanks and pump station design.
- Construct the largest possible volume of storage on the site.
- Steep hillside site adjacent to homes, highly visible and a relatively small footprint.
Solutions and Successes
- Twin 2.6 MG tanks
- Retaining wall ranging in height from four to 22 feet and stretching around both tanks for a distance of approximately 400 feet.
- Modified initial scope of work to add features that allowed water from City owned well to be blended with water in tanks prior to entering distribution system.
- New onsite pump station to send water directly from the new tanks to the higher pressure distribution zones, maintaining high water quality in the tanks during low demand periods, and increasing water supply reliability to the upper pressure zones.
- Drought tolerant vegetation added to design to integrate with existing environment and provide screening for nearby homes.
- Design included modular block retaining structures, stairs and ADA compliant driveway crossing to dovetail with future pathway and sidewalk improvements.