Bodega Bay Public Utilities District
Bodega Bay, CA
Scope of Work
- Environmental Permitting
- Special Study Coordination
- CEQA Document Preparation
- Construct approximately 2,300 feet of 8-inch diameter water main through the environmentally sensitive Cheney Gulch area within the Bodega Bay coastal zone.
- Modify distribution system to increase fire flows and storage redundancies in two pressure zones.
- Multiple regulatory permits were required.
Solutions and Successes
- Crossing of Cheney Gulch utilized directional drilling and close supervision of contractors to ensure impacts to resources within the gulch were minimized.
- Obtained environmental permits including: USACE Section 404 permit; USFWS Biological Opinion for potential impacts to red-legged frogs; Section 106 Consultation with local Native American tribes; RWQCB Section 401 Water Quality Certification; CDFW Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement; and, Local Coastal Development Permit.