Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport
Santa Rosa, CA
Scope of Work
Survey services for extension of two runways to bring the Airport into compliance with current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) design criteria, including aerial mapping of the property, topographic surveys, base mapping, and a Record of Survey of private properties acquired for the project.
- Survey work concurrent with air traffic control activities and instrument controlled landings of commercial and private aircraft, while meeting both the Airport and United States Department of Homeland Security transportation safety requirements.
- Runway extension required realignment of a 1,600-foot section of the Airport Creek.
Solutions and Successes
- Airports Geographic Information System (Airports GIS) survey post-construction to determine future air space requirements to establish a site survey control network for future projects on the Airport property.
- New detention basin to mitigate discharges during major storm events
- Underground stormwater treatment and retention structure to capture runoff resulting from the increased impervious surface area.
- New 885-foot-long underground arch culvert extending in the safety area beyond the runway for creek diversion.
Other Notes of Interest
Winner – North Bay Business Journal Top Real Estate Project