Brelje & Race Consulting Engineers is a multi-disciplined firm that offers a broad range of civil engineering planning and design, construction management and surveying services, with a strong emphasis on commercial, residential and school development.
Established in 1954 in Sonoma County, California, we have built our reputation on our commitment to high-quality technical work and outstanding client service. Our core values of Excellence, Innovation and Integrity are the foundation of everything we do.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to support new and on-going projects. The successful candidate will work on all phases of site development and infrastructure projects for a variety of public and private sector clients. Design projects include grading, roadway improvements, utility design (water, sanitary, storm), stormwater management, erosion control, ADA upgrades, report writing, and the preparation of plans and construction documents. The successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Producing construction plans and design drawings
- Preparing technical specifications and cost estimates
- Maintaining project budgets, scopes, schedules and quality goals
- Providing construction support services
- Effectively working on various tasks of several concurrent projects with the ability to complete tasks within budget and on schedule
- Participating in client, project team and public agency meetings
- Managing technical and quality control reviews
In addition to site development design experience, the ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) license in California or ability to be registered with reciprocity
- Familiarity with current storm water management/treatment and hydromodification requirements and methodologies
- Working knowledge of ADA requirements relative to site design
- 3 to 5 years competency in site development engineering design
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D software skills desirable
Committed to hiring and retaining the best people in the industry, we offer an attractive and comprehensive compensation package. In addition to a competitive salary, Brelje & Race offers paid overtime, vacation, family/sick leave, robust medical insurance, long term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement with profit sharing, flexible working hours, and support for professional development. Conveniently located north of Santa Rosa in the Airport Business Center, our office is easily accessible to all Sonoma County cities.
We believe that our talented, dedicated team does their best work in an environment that is as supportive as it is challenging. We encourage our staff’s community involvement, as well as provide a culture that promotes and rewards employee performance and success. Our diversified client base allowed us to move through the recent downturn in economic activity without any reduction in personnel. We hire for the long term.
Brelje & Race recognizes that you may be considering a change to your career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We encourage you to send your resume for review. Become a part of our team!